Friday, September 30, 2011

New Creative Team Member!

I have good news.  I have been accepted as a CT member for Forever Sisters Scraps and the two partners, Robyn Pali and her sister Rachel, who designs as My Four Princesses. October will be my first full month with them.  I have done one layout for their collab kit, I am a Child of God.  I love the kit:  bold, bright, primary colors, and great elements that reflect the familiar aspects of Primary.  CTR, activity days, etc.  There’s a really cute button that says Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam.

Here’s a copy of my layout and a preview of the kit. 



I will be also hosting a Heritage challenge for the CT team.  Its not open to the public, but I’m thinking I will post them here as well to help you get started on your Heritage layouts.  We will also discuss genealogy research and what you can do to fill in the holes in your research.

I'm sorry I don't have a way for you to post your layouts here; I'd love to see them.  But do them anyway.  You'll get a lot of satisfaction out of it and your children and grand-children will thank you for it.

Since tomorrow is the first of October, here’s the challenge for this month: 

Let’s start with the very beginning.  You.  Who knows more about you than you?  Your challenge, then, should be a fairly easy one.  Make a page about you. 

Requirements:

1.     It should have at least one picture (maybe a baby picture?). 
2.    Dates.  When and where were you born (you can black them out for the web—don’t want that kind of information out for just anybody to find!)
3.    Tell us a little bit about you.  One paragraph will be plenty. Here are some ideas to get your juices flowing:
a.    What’s your favorite color?  Why?  What is it about that color that speaks to you?
b.    Is there any story about your birth that has become legend in the family?  For example, my family likes to tell about the day I was born.  My dad was also in the hospital for a broken ankle.  This was in the 50s, when father’s weren’t allowed in the delivery rooms and the nurses kept shoo-ing him off the maternity ward floor even, telling him he didn’t belong there.  Somehow, though, he managed to be there when they removed me from the delivery room to the nursery.  I guess that since I was his first, he didn’t realize that they hadn’t cleaned me up yet.  When he called my grandparents he told them I beautiful red hair.  My grandparents showed up at the hospital with a red-headed doll only to find a black-haired baby.  (Not that you could tell, really.  I was a practically bald until I was two years old.)
c.    What do you like to do for fun?  Or when you need to relax?
d.    How did you get your name?  Were you named after someone?  Is there a story about your name? Do you like it? Hate it? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment