Saturday, July 16, 2011

What am I doing here?

I have two loves, family history and digital scrapbooking.  OK, make that three--my daughter, too.  I've been scrapping digitally for about a year and a half now and I've noticed something.  Most really rabid scrapbookers are also rabid photographers.  But I'm not.  I'm not a photographer at all.  I've tried, heaven knows.  I bought my first SLR camera clear back in the 70s.  Took a photography class, read books, subscribed to magazines, and went broke buying film.  To no avail.  I don't even own a camera now.  I am just NOT a photographer.

However, I AM the keeper of the photos in my family and family historian.  And that explains my passion for scrapbooking.  I feel an urgent need to scrap and record the family history before I kick off.  Hopefully, there are many years before that happens, but you never know. As the oldest child in our family I can remember our parents when they were still in their 20s.  I kind of feel like the keeper of the memories.

So, I guess the purpose of this blog is to record the journey of scrapping for history's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment