Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grandma

Just finished a great template challenge over at The Studio.  The template is by Marie H and the kit is All Together Now by Ambowife.  I love girlie stuff--I guess I'm just a romantic at heart.  Anyway, this
is a picture of my grandmother at age 10 with her younger sister.  In between them on the chair are two toys.  If you enlarge the picture enough, you can see that they are a stuffed dog and a stuffed cat.  The cat looks like it could have been homemade, while the dog looks more like a mass produced toy.  I only met my dad's Aunt Charlotte once when she was over 80 years old.  She died just a couple of years later.  My grandmother has been gone since 1954, so I don't really remember her.  I just have impressions of a loving, well-padded woman, and some very vague impressions of  her home and a chair that must have been a favorite because I think of it whenever I think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment